SAN DIEGO, CA
Photography & Light Painting Workshop
with Darren Pearson (Dariustwin) and Jordan Pearson (Astrobandit)
DATE: JULY 15 2018
LOCATION: TORREY PINES STATE BEACH
PRICE: $150 PER PERSON
*limited to 15 participants
This workshop will offer a professional photography course by Darren and Jordan Pearson on the ever-so-scenic Torrey Pines State Beach.
You will receive on-site instruction for portrait and light-painting photography with hands-on experience. Starting with an educational portrait sunset shoot and blue hour light-painting portrait shoot with Astrobandit in front of the lens, and ending with an educational nighttime illustrative light-painting shoot.
Join us for an evening of fun, as we cover many photography topics from sunset portraits, to blue hour light-painting portraits, to nighttime illustrative light-painting with Darren and Jordan Pearson. Below is an estimated timeline for the evening:
6:30pm: Meet at Torrey Pines State Beach
- Upon meeting, we will go over technical specifics for the sunset, blue-hour and nighttime shoots. This will be your time to ask any questions you may have before shooting! Don't worry, Darren will also go over these technical specifics again during the actual creation of each photograph.
7:15pm: Prepare for Sunset Portrait Shoot
- Darren will go over how he will set up his camera and each shot during his sunset portrait session with Jordan (Astrobandit). Jordan will guide all attendees through how to best direct their subject and posing tips.
7:30pm: Sunset Portrait Shoot begins
- All attendees will have the opportunity to use what they learned and capture their own sunset portraits of Jordan. Darren will guide everyone through this and answer any questions.
8:15pm: Wrap up Sunset Portrait Shoot and prepare for Blue Hour Light-Painting Portrait Shoot
- This is when you will bring out your tripod for light-painting portraits. Darren will go over how to set up your camera and the creative process for light-painting portraits. Jordan will guide all attendees through how to best direct their subject and posing tips.
8:30pm: Blue Hour Light-Painting Portrait Shoot begins
- All attendees will have the opportunity to use what they learned and capture Darren's light-paintings with Jordan. Afterwards, attendees will be given the chance to light-paint their own creations with Jordan, while Darren guides and answers any questions.
9:15pm: Wrap up Blue Hour Light-Painting Portrait Shoot and prepare for Nighttime Illustrative Light-Painting Shoot
- Darren will go over how he will set up his camera and each shot during an illustrative shoot. He will explain his creative process and techniques.
9:30pm: Nighttime Illustrative Light-Painting Shoot begins
- All attendees will have the opportunity to use what they learned and to capture Darren's creations on their own cameras. Afterwards, they will all be given the chance to light-paint their own creations. We will have an extra Canon 7D camera on hand that we will set up for those who do not have a camera!
10:30pm: That's a wrap!
- This is where you can ask any remaining questions. Darren and Jordan will go over tips for post-processing and sharing.
WHAT TO BRING
Your camera: you can bring any camera that you have (including a cell phone camera), but a digital camera with bulb mode is highly recommended for the best experience! We will have an extra Canon 7D on hand that attendees without cameras can share throughout the workshop.
Your tripod: this is essential for light painting portraits and illustrations. We will have an extra tripod on hand that all attendees can share throughout the workshop.
An LED light: this is essential for light painting portraits and illustrations. You can bring a keychain light, a small flashlight, or your Night-Writer. We will have a few Night-Writers on hand for sale if you would like to purchase one to use during the workshop.
Accessories: make sure to bring enough batteries, memory, and a remote trigger.
Clothing: make sure to wear dark clothing so you will not appear in the nighttime shots.
Cost: $150 per person
What is included: photography education and a hands-on experience.
What is not included: transportation, lodging, meals, and park entrance fees.
Payment: a non-refundable payment may be made using a credit card or PayPal via the sign up button above or below.
Waiver: all participants will be required to sign a waiver that will be e-mailed to you before the workshop.